* 2 cups cashew
* 1 cup honey
* 4 tsps ghee
• Lightly roast the cashews. Let the cashews cool to room temperature.
• Grind the cashews to a smooth powder. Pause continually during grinding to make sure that the cashews grind to a fine powder and not a paste.
• Again, add the cashew to a pan and roast at low heat.
• Add honey to the powdered cashews. Mix well to ensure that there are no lumps.
• Continue stir the cashews so that it does not stick to the pan.
• When the cashew paste thickens and starts folding at the sides (like halwa), take a small portion and roll it into a ball.
• Keep a greased plate with ghee ready and pour the cashew mixture to it. Let it cool down for 10-15 mins.
• Once cooled cut the katli into a shape of your choice.
• Serve and enjoy.
Guideline for substituting Honey with Sugar
• Use about 2/3-3/4 cup of honey for every cup of sugar. This is because honey is actually sweeter than sugar.
• Honey is a liquid, so you'll need to reduce the liquid in the recipe a little. Do this at a rate of 1/4 cup less liquid for every cup of honey used in the recipe.
• Honey is also a little acidic. To counter-act this, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for every cup of honey used.
• Honey causes baked goods to brown more quickly, so reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees F and watch carefully as the time gets close.
1 cup of sugar = ¾ cup honey
Decrease liquid called for in recipe by ¼ cup
For each cup of honey in baked goods, add ½ teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients* 1 cup all-purpose flour* 2 tsp. yogurt* 1 tsp. sugar* 1/2 tsp. baking soda* 2 tsp. clarified butter / ghee* Ghee for deep frying* Hone...
Jalebi Ingredients• 1 cup all-purpose flour• 2 tbsps corn flour• ¼ tbsp turmeric powder• ½ cup curd• ½ cup water• ½ tbsp baking soda• 1 tbsp lemon ...