* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tsp. yogurt
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 2 tsp. clarified butter / ghee
* Ghee for deep frying
* Honey for dipping
• Mix all the ingredients together (except ghee for frying and honey).
• Prepare a smooth fluffy dough.
• Divide them into equal parts and shape them to any desired shape
• Heat the ghee to medium hot (not too smoky) and fry these balushahis to golden brown.
• Take them out and keep them separate.
• Dip them in honey until it coats all over it.
• Serve chilled as a dessert.
Guideline for substituting Honey with Sugar
• Use about 2/3-3/4 cup of honey for every cup of sugar. This is because honey is actually sweeter than sugar.
• Honey is a liquid, so you'll need to reduce the liquid in the recipe a little. Do this at a rate of 1/4 cup less liquid for every cup of honey used in the recipe.
• Honey is also a little acidic. To counter-act this, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for every cup of honey used.
• Honey causes baked goods to brown more quickly, so reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees F and watch carefully as the time gets close.
1 cup of sugar = ¾ cup honey
Decrease liquid called for in recipe by ¼ cup
For each cup of honey in baked goods, add ½ teaspoon baking soda
Besan Ladoo with Honey
Ingredients* 2 cups Besan or chickpea flour* ½ tsp ground cardamom* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg* ½ cup ghee* 1 tbsp powdered milk* ¼ cup honey Method• Melt...
Honey Kaju Katli
Ingredients* 2 cups cashew* 1 cup honey* 4 tsps gheeMethod• Lightly roast the cashews. Let the cashews cool to room temperature.• Grind the cashews...