* 2 cups Besan or chickpea flour
* ½ tsp ground cardamom
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
* ½ cup ghee
* 1 tbsp powdered milk
* ¼ cup honey
• Melt ghee in a small saucepan on low heat.
• Add Besan flour and mix well to ensure that there are no lumps
• Roast for about 15 mins till the flour looks smooth, mixing regularly to prevent burning,
• Mix in the cardamom and nutmeg.
• Roast for another 3 minutes till the Besan colour looks more golden.
• Remove from stove and mix powdered milk and honey.
• As soon as the mixture cools down, roll the batter into small balls.
• Serve to the delight of children on their Diwali break
Guideline for substituting Honey with Sugar
• Use about 2/3-3/4 cup of honey for every cup of sugar. This is because honey is actually sweeter than sugar.
• Honey is a liquid, so you'll need to reduce the liquid in the recipe a little. Do this at a rate of 1/4 cup less liquid for every cup of honey used in the recipe.
• Honey is also a little acidic. To counter-act this, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for every cup of honey used.
• Honey causes baked goods to brown more quickly, so reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees F and watch carefully as the time gets close.
1 cup of sugar = ¾ cup honey
Decrease liquid called for in recipe by ¼ cup
For each cup of honey in baked goods, add ½ teaspoon baking soda