• 1 kg low-fat yogurt,
• 6 tbsp Honey (Preferably Jamun Honey),
• 3 tbsp of your favourite nuts (pistachios and almonds),
• few saffron strands and crushed cardamom seeds
• Place 2 large square muslin cloths in a large bowl.
• Pour yoghurt into the cloth, then gather the open edges of the cloth and tie them up to form a pouch.
• Hang this cloth pouch from a hook or tap over the kitchen sink, so that the liquid of the yoghurt can be drained into a bowl.
• After around 4hours, untie the pouch and scoop the yoghurt into another bowl.
• Add honey and crushed nuts into the yoghurt
• Add few strands of saffron and cardamom powder for enhanced taste.
• Stir the mixture till all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
• Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Guideline for substituting Honey with Sugar
• Use about 2/3-3/4 cup of honey for every cup of sugar. This is because honey is actually sweeter than sugar.
• Honey is a liquid, so you'll need to reduce the liquid in the recipe a little. Do this at a rate of 1/4 cup less liquid for every cup of honey used in the recipe.
• Honey is also a little acidic. To counter-act this, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for every cup of honey used.
• Honey causes baked goods to brown more quickly, so reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees F and watch carefully as the time gets close.
1 cup of sugar = ¾ cup honey
Decrease liquid called for in recipe by ¼ cup
For each cup of honey in baked goods, add ½ teaspoon baking soda
Jalebi Ingredients• 1 cup all-purpose flour• 2 tbsps corn flour• ¼ tbsp turmeric powder• ½ cup curd• ½ cup water• ½ tbsp baking soda• 1 tbsp lemon ...